Ticket #582 (closed discussion: fixed)
migration: woodhaven.pioto.org => everglades.pioto.org
|Reported by:||pioto||Owned by:||pioto|
Description (last modified by pioto) (diff)
I've opted for a new host - linode. This ticket is now for tracking all the necessary steps to migrate everything over there.
Once the server is mostly set up (necessary packages installed and basically configured), I'll make trac and svn read-only. Then I'll migrate all the data, test, and finally update dns.
Things to migrate:
First, I'll migrate things that aren't visible / write accessable to the rest of 'ya:
- personal mail (most of what postfix does)
- personal webpages
- my blog
- maybe move to the free blog from work...
Then, the things that paludis people use. First, all of these will need to be marked read-only (I'll try to advertise the migration at all these places as possible):
- need to fix or drop the broken gallery db so i can do a mysqldump
- update dns
- move all cnames that point at woodhaven to point at everglades
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from woodhaven.pioto.org is sucking big time to migration: woodhaven.pioto.org => everglades.pioto.org