Ticket #1226 (closed defect: wontfix)
cave resolve: ugly line breaks while resolving
|Reported by:||fkater||Owned by:|
(1) I use gentoo and start 'cave resolve -c world' in xterm and app-misc/screen, with a lot more than 80 characters per line. I get the usual "Resolving: ..." message.
(2) This message seems to be kind of interupted by other messages each time: "... In ebuild pipe command handler:" "... global scope cut" [no new line here then?]
(3) Interruption is not a problem, however, the following message which is "Resolving ..." again, never starts on a new line. Instead after som 40, 50 spaces *on the same* line.
(4) Since I get several cases like (2) in a single run of 'cave resolve' this leaves quite an optical desaster on the console.
All this is a minor issue but exists since many versions of paludis/cave.
(5) Here a full example of the output I have: Resolving: 23 steps, 20 metadata (20 cross-i686-pc-mingw32) cave@1330500698: [QA e.child.message] In thread ID '4123':
... In ebuild pipe command handler: ... global scope cut Resolving: 26 steps, 66 metadata (46 cross-i686-pc-mingw32, 20 cross-x86_64-w64-mingw32) cave@1330500716: [QA e.child.message] In thread ID '9080': ... In ebuild pipe command handler: ... global scope cut Done: 2865 steps, 92 metadata (46 cross-x86_64-w64-mingw32, 46 cross-i686-pc-mingw32)